Thursday, January 26, 2006

Weekly Album of the Week II #4


After viewing Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, were you asking yourself who that was singing the song at the end (Gollum's Song)? I did. My brother suggested it was Bjork, which is understandable because she did sound kinda like Bjork. But it just sounded slightly off of Bjork's singing style.

Come to find out through an internet search that it was Emiliana Torrini. A singer who, like Bjork, is from Iceland. So I became curious and checked out her stuff and she is good, but I have to be honest. I did not like the album I found (Love in the Time of Science).

Time goes by and I see this new album by her called Fisherman's Woman and I was quite impressed.

Kind of has a laid back summer afternoon feel that I liked and all of the songs had things in them to keep me interested. She does sound like Bjork, but quite different musically.

Favorite track is Lifesaver. It has convincing ambiant noises like the water clinging to the side of the boat and you can hear the ropes on the sails being pulled and relaxing as the wind comes and goes. Very effective. Check it out here.

3 Comments:

Blogger slickdpdx said...

You have returned! I'll check it out.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Pixletwin said...

I believe it is on June 6, 2006 (or 666 if you will). YOu should be ashamed of yo'self even contemplating this...

9:25 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

*hee hee hee* :) Way funny! 666! *Haa haa haa haa* :D

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home