Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Worst Christmas Song Of All Time!


I love Christmas songs. I just joined BMG and all 7 cd's I got were Christmas themed (Mel Torme, Ella Fitgerald, Garrison Keillor, etc...). So you should know I am not the sort of person who hates Christmas music.

That being said, the last few years on a local radio station (106.5 KOSY) they begin playing Christmas music the day after Halloween, and most of the stuff they play is quality (every now and then they play crummy Celene Dion or some Michael Bolton, but they do alot of the traditional stuff too so I can listen past the crap). There is this one song that every time I hear it I want to bludgeon, decapitate, smash, and cudgle [sic?] everyone and everything in site.

This song is The Christmas Shoes by some over-the-top sappy country singer who I admire his technique, because how he could sing this without laughing uncontrolably is beyond my imagination! This song is the sappiest song, I can just imagine the writers cackling like hyenas at the thought of how many stupid people (read: country music's target audience) will sob, cry, and buy this piece of garbage.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I needed to vent. I HATE THIS SONG!!! GRRRRRRRR

6 Comments:

Blogger Phlem said...

speaking of Christmas songs, remember that Elvis Christmas tape I inheirited from you in the pines? I is MIA at the moment, was wondering if you could be so kind as to help me get a hold of that again. thanks

11:05 AM  
Blogger slickdpdx said...

You need to get a hold of The Ventures X-MAS album. Unsurpassed. True X-MAS feeling without sacrificing musicianship, art or quality. Ingenious arrangements too.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Pixletwin said...

Jocekinns, I will send you a copy of Elvis ASAP.

Slick, I will surely check out The Ventures! Thanks for the recomendations!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Pixletwin said...

Jocekinns, did it have any of that Celtic stuff on it too?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

O, Bah! Humbug!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Nathan Winder said...

...just slightly worse than Candles and Wishes

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home