Friday, July 22, 2005

Weekly Album Of The Week #1


This is the first of what will be weekly postings on what my favorite album of the moment is... and this week its.... An American Prayer by Jim Morrison and the Doors. I don't think I have even thought about the Doors since the summer of 1991, but lately for some inexplicable reason I have been hankering for a bit O'Jim. I imported all of the Doors into my itunes library except for this one album which I just got today from the library and I have been listening to it over and over. This is really a unique album though at times it seems like its somebody trying to imitate Morrison's poetry style (immitated by millions of teenage mensa wanna be hippies everywhere). The flow of the album is very interesting. My favorite track is A Feast of Friends (which I suspect is every fans favorite off this album).

Anyroad if you can past the associations of bad poetry you may have heard (see above) this really is a cool album to steam clean yer carpets to.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickdpdx said...

Good Jim Morrison tales in the first couple of chapters in "Please Kill Me" Legs McNeil's oral history of the birth of punk.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Jim Morrison RULES!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home