Saturday, September 24, 2005

Weekly Album of the Week #10


Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?


I don't usually like preachy political albums ... (ok well maybe I do have a soft spot for them) but this week Roger Waters' Album AMUSED TO DEATH has been on constant rotation in my car stereo. Released in 1994, this album's production, song writing, and performance is closer to the Pink Floyd sound than that same years Floyd (David Gilmour and a host of studio musicians parading as the real thing with token $$$ appearences by Rick Wright and Nick Mason) release the dismally boring The Division Bell.

Although this album is a-wash in Waters' political ideaology, it is so genuine and sincere that it still gets through to me. This album is a classic alone for the line "And the Germans killed the Jews and Jews killed the Arabs and the Arabs killed the hostages and that is the news. Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?" This album is a classic IMHO and you should give it a listen here. Contrast this with the Division Bell link above and let me know what YOU think...

1 Comments:

Blogger slickdpdx said...

Bypass is a decent PF fan. You should visit. HJe likes animals and something else best. I don't remember the other one since i don't know them. He's also a big Elvis and Dr. Who fan.

I always enjoy riding in your car...

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home